MAKAR is at the very forefront of innovative and sustainable N‑SIP’s housing throughout Scotland and beyond.
Our highly skilled integrated team encompassing designers and makers have the same core values that set MAKAR people apart. The drive and ambition to excel and push the boundaries of everything we are involved with, and a vision to improve the delivery of a sustainable housing model.
Due to a very strong pipeline of work we have a vacancy for an Architectural Technologist:
MAKAR are looking to employ an architectural technologist to work as part of the design team. You will be liaising with our in-house design, production and operational departments throughout the design process.
Key Software skills;
• Timber framing software such as: HSBCAD, AgaCad, Mitek, CadWorks, or Vertex (desirable)
• Revit (essential)
• Auto CAD (desirable)
• Visualisation software such as Enscape (advantageous)
Key tasks include preparing;
• Panel drawings for manufacture
• Sub-assembly drawings for tender/manufacture
• Window and door schedules.
• Foundation and drainage drawings.
• Accurate draughting and attention to detail is essential.
• Knowledge of the domestic building regulations.
• Strong verbal and visual communication skills.
• Hard working and able to adhere to work programmes.
• Strong planning and organisation skills
• A sound working knowledge of timber / timber-based building systems is advantageous but not essential
To apply, send us your CV and a short covering email to email@example.com explaining why you’re the right person for the job.